It’s obviously not a secret that I have had my fair share of depression and anxiety growing up. Anytime I felt any of these feelings (which was more often than not) I would listen to music.
Listening to different artists helped me in different ways depending on the artist. Here is a list of the singers who had the biggest impact on me!
1) Demi Lovato~ I started listening to Demi when I was really young and she helped me in so many ways. She helped me realize that I wasn’t alone and that I had a voice to speak for myself. Demi also helped me understand it’s okay to have a mental illness and it doesn’t have to define you.
2) Kesha~ I started listening to Kesha when I was around 8 years old at first I just loved her music, but then she inspired me. When Kesha went to rehab for her eating disorder it helped me understand that you can get better and I wasn’t the only person struggling with an eating disorder.
3) Bea Miller~ I first listened to Bea when her first album came out and I loved it. At that point in time I was dealing with bullying and lots of other things and I just loved her music. When she came out with all of her new music it really spoke to me and the way she had it in different moods.
4) Taylor Swift~ So I grew up listening to Taylor, and I have always loved her music, but it means something different to me then the other artists. It shows me to never let anyone get you down and just keep living life.
5)Ed Sheeran~ I honestly just love Ed’s music no matter what it is. It helps me forget about whatever I am thinking about at that very moment.
6) Sabrina Carpenter~ Sabrina has such an amazing voice and I just love her songs. Her music also just takes me out of the moment in time.
7)Halsey~ I love Halsey’s music because she talks about mental illness and the struggles you go through.
8) Ariana Grande~ I love Ariana’s music because she shows different types of emotion in different songs. Some of her songs are about love, some heartbreak, and some about anxiety.
9) Shawn Mendes~ I also love Shawn’s music because of the variation of music he has. He has an amazing talent for writing his songs.
10) Noah Cyrus~ Noah has such an amazing voice and I love her music. Her voice will help make you forget what you are struggling with.
These are the singers that have impacted my life with music. Have a great day!